Bisnow Media Corp
Director, Advertising Operations
October 2010 – present
- Coordinate migration of campaigns and advertisements to an upgraded platform for better performance, management, and statistical results.
- Schedule, manage, and execute nearly 300 advertising campaigns daily in 27 publications across 17 markets.
- Conceptualize and design ads for clients and serve as facilitator for the creation with the in-house graphic designer.
- Work closely with the sales team nationwide to coordinate available advertising placements, frequencies, and providing relevant statistical data to close the deal.
- Provide statistical analysis throughout and on the back end of campaigns to demonstrate performance.
- Train and oversee semester-long college interns working in the department.
January 2011 – present
- Attend and report on corporate, nonprofit, and association events in the Washington area.
- Investigate and write editorial stories on new venues in the Washington area for events and activities.
Miami/South Florida Bureau Chief
May 2007 to October 2010
- Determine and execute all daily editorial, including corporate event coverage, for Miami and Orlando market web sites through development of relationships with key members in the industry and corporations throughout the country.
- Represent the company at state-wide speaking engagements at industry association’s monthly meetings.
- Represented company on local news TV spot for the inaugural BizBash Florida Expo resulting in additional attendees and final sale of exhibit booths.
- Wrote and designed all marketing and sales materials, which subsequently increased the total number of magazine pages to its highest count in six years.
- Work closely with art director to determine print layout and advertisement placements resulting in noted increases in readership and advertising sales.
D’LUXE Magazine, Miami, Florida
February to May 2007
- Cultivated new relationships and promote existing ones within the local fashion industry at events such as GenArt’s Fresh Faces in Fashion Show and Miami Fashion Week.
- Attended fashion events, store openings and shows and reported on new trends and happenings for magazine.
- Interviewed fashion designers—including Custo Dalmau of Custo Barcelona and couture designer Ivonne de la Vega—for the monthly “d’signer” feature.
Noble PR, London, England
Public Relations Associate
June to August 2006
- Brought company up-to-date on all final reports for campaigns conducted since 2001.
- Created communications and contact database for all news agents to include 5 additional European countries and the United States of America resulting in more efficient news blasts and additional exposure for clients.
- Compiled, organized and filed press cuttings for campaign reports into easily accessible system to make readily available for final report to be given to client.
- Worked on PR campaigns for upcoming movie releases under the oversight of campaign managers.
Florida InsideOut Magazine, Miami, Florida
September to November 2005
- Planned and executed monthly photo shoots with Style Editor.
- Updated and reorganized Editor-In-Chief’s communication database for more efficient references and bookings with top interior designers, architects, and celebrities for magazine features.
- Set-up and executed events throughout Art Basel Miami Beach 2005 along with magazine editors.
- Contacted local and international business to ensure accuracy in published material.
The Miami SunPost, Miami Beach, Florida
August 2003 to May 2005
- Wrote weekly stories for the News, Business News and Focus, and Lifestyles sections.
- Created and executed the weekly “Street Talk” column, which required interviewing the public on the street about current events.
University of Miami, Miami, Florida
Bachelor of Science of Communication, May 2007
Concentration: Print Journalism and Psychology